Be a part of the Torchlight culture and see what sets us apart! Torchlight AI offers an excellent compensation package with benefits that include generous paid time off, medical, dental, vision, and more. Our employees enjoy more than just a great work environment!
The Threat Intelligence Specialist is responsible for delivering Torchlight’s technical products and services to customers, including discovery, triage, and analysis using proprietary commercially sourced intelligence (CSINT) and industry-standard open source (OSINT) tools, techniques, and procedures. You will conduct briefings (on-premises and remote), field inquiries from clients, engage internal SMEs, and innovate to improve processes and deliverables. You will coordinate this internally and often simultaneously with other Torchlight elements and clients.
As a Threat Intelligence Specialist, you are the face of Torchlight’s intelligence research and services. You are the subject matter expert on our client’s domain and interact with them daily. You clearly understand our client’s organization, security practices, and threat intelligence needs. In addition to delivering our threat intelligence services, you will identify new areas of inquiry and service deliverables to give customers greater visibility, context, and insight into their threats and how to respond to them. At the same time, you identify opportunities to achieve greater productivity and operational efficiency within the Discovery & Analysis team and the greater Torchlight organization.
1. Use proprietary CSINT and industry-standard OSINT tools, techniques, and procedures in research, analysis, and operations to meet and exceed client requirements.
2. Document current processes and identify areas for improvement to improve customer experience and team efficiency.
3. Interact with our Global Risk, Cyber, and FinCrime sections as necessary to deliver the most comprehensive product possible to our clients.
1. Extensive domain knowledge and comfort speaking with authority on one or more of the following: OSINT, CSINT, Cyber Threat Intelligence, Information Security, Financial Crime, or any other technology influencing geopolitics.
- Three to five years of experience in one or more of the abovementioned fields is
preferred but optional for the right candidate.
- Project leadership experience and demonstrable technical aptitude are required.
2. Knowledge of intelligence analysis software/tools, networking & internet technologies, and SaaS applications is valuable. Examples include but are not limited to:
- Proficiency in Mapbox, ScribbleMaps, Google Earth, or other geospatial
- Proficiency in advanced web searching or creating custom search engines
- Proficiency in no-code integration and automation platforms, like Zapier or Make
- Proficiency in third-party intelligence tools
- Proficiency in Tableau and third-party integrations
- Proficiency in Notion or other knowledge management/collaboration tools
- Proficiency in Google web suite tools and Slack
- Proficiency in Python, R, or SQL
- Proficiency in Google Cloud Platform
- Proficiency working in Linux
- Regional Expertise in Latin America, Africa, Asia, or Eastern Europe
- Foreign Language proficiency other than English
- Proficiency in modern mobile/web advertising techniques
3. Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
4. Self-motivated. Must be comfortable with independent work when required.
5. Highly organized and able to lead through influence and coordination and facilitate communication with SMEs, account teams, and other stakeholders as necessary.
6. Willing to travel (domestic and international) as required, minimum 25%.
7. Demonstrated ability to identify potential areas of concern for clients before or as they arise and take appropriate actions, such as proactive notification, recommending mitigations, and initiating additional research.
8. Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies and subjects quickly.
We have a comprehensive benefits offering for our employees that we are proud of. This includes Group Health benefits, including dental and vision insurance, flexible/unlimited PTO, Paid Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts, Voluntary Life and Disability Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, various discounts, classes, and more.
1. This role is full-time with the added plus of being fully remote, based in the United States.
2. Must be willing to travel domestically and internationally as required, minimum 25%.
Torchlight AI is a behavioral intelligence platform designed to predict emerging risks. Our platform consists of software tools for threat attribution and analysis, refined/curated data streams of threat attribution information, and an information service focused on identifying and analyzing emerging risks.
Torchlight AI was recently founded by decorated US special operations and intelligence veterans along with Fortune 100 data scientists, with the goal of creating the tools they wanted to have when they were in government and military service. We believe that the increasingly complex and turbulent situation throughout the world requires new ways of addressing risk.
How to Apply
Please submit a CV/Resume and a short cover letter outlining your availability and area/s of expertise to email@example.com with the reference Threat Intelligence Specialist as the subject. Unfortunately, due to the number of applications we typically receive, we will only be able to respond to candidates whose applications we are taking forward to the next stage.